Skip to main content

Movie review: The Christmas Chronicles

Today me and my little one wanted to watch a Christmassy movie and I stumbled upon this movie called The Christmas Chronicles. I'm so pleased to be saying this. This has to be easily the best heartfelt Christmas flick, I've seen in many years. It's simply brilliant. We've seen many interpretations of Santa Claus on the big screen, but hardly any with the soul, emotion and believability that Kurt Russell conveys.

What I love about the film is the themes that are being dealt with. Learning to love your siblings. Turning a situation from bad to good. Coping with the loss of a parent/husband. Saving Christmas for the world. I was so emotional throughout watching, and it was a real tear-jerker in parts. Big shout-out to the brilliant young actors Judah Lewis & Darby Camp. I hope and look forward to seeing more from them both, as they have pack loads of potential in life. 

One of my favourite parts of the film is when Santa is in jail and jams with the inmates who happen to be good musicians.

The movie is just what I needed to see, as I've felt un-festive these past few years. Here is a great Christmassy film for all ages. 

It is so much more different than other boring Christmas movies! This one really has different, feelings emotions and stories and that's the great thing about it! 

I have to recommend this for families and people of all ages. Well done to the cast, the production team.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUPW - Socially useful and productive work!

Say primary school or exams - it brings back memories of lot of fun filled activities along with the normal syllabus. Languages, Basic math,science and social studies are the ones included in the normal stream. The ones out of this are - General Knowledge, moral science, story telling, project work - these become the building block for a child's growth in a complete way. Last week an evening as I returned home, a neighbour's kid was waiting for me the enitre afternoon for help.He needed guidance to complete his project work. The school had come up with a concept to bring the creativity out of a child's mind.It goes this way - use the waste materials and create something useful - Socially useful and productive work(SUPW). SUPW is another learning area falling under the non-scholatic domain - This ensures that the students develop better understanding of their social and environmental issues. It also encourages students to take up varities of activities,which are productive a...

A cry not heard!

Ray of light far from sight All his need is a caring feed A place to sleep, a blanket to keep - the despodent waif Warm and safe Cruel men see the poor one plead, Emptiness filled hearts hesitant to share a part. On the pavement's corner sits this lad a bit. Weak and pale telling his tale None hear Do they feign fear? Hoping - is all he could do for some fresh hot stew Every passer-by down the lane Ignore this guy and all his pain Why is this scene not wiping off my brain Serene it Remains Revives time and again As I sit by the window of the train.

Tantrums of logging on.

It was a normal day when I was doing my usual work at office. A known tune started ringing on my cell phone. Without even checking the number/name flashing on the phone I knew it was from home - [Ring tone is set to the song " masakkali masakkali "] Dad on the other end wanted step by step procedure to logon to my laptop and then he needed to logon to gmail. We've (Sis and me)been telling him to learn this bit from quite some time now. Not that he is unaware of the keys,he does have first hand experience working with Url's and other computer basics while he was in his tenure. But this techie stuff is something that doesn't get onto his heads now at this age within a go. I proudly admire his attempt to learn and excel it. Now, it was a day when sis was still in Australia and Dad wanted to catch her online. Why now? Can we do it tomorrow .- Asked I. No we have some relatives at home, so it would be nice if we can get her online now - came the respone. ( Some relati...