Movie review: The Christmas Chronicles

Today me and my little one wanted to watch a Christmassy movie and I stumbled upon this movie called The Christmas Chronicles. I'm so pleased to be saying this. This has to be easily the best heartfelt Christmas flick, I've seen in many years. It's simply brilliant. We've seen many interpretations of Santa Claus on the big screen, but hardly any with the soul, emotion and believability that Kurt Russell conveys.

What I love about the film is the themes that are being dealt with. Learning to love your siblings. Turning a situation from bad to good. Coping with the loss of a parent/husband. Saving Christmas for the world. I was so emotional throughout watching, and it was a real tear-jerker in parts. Big shout-out to the brilliant young actors Judah Lewis & Darby Camp. I hope and look forward to seeing more from them both, as they have pack loads of potential in life. 

One of my favourite parts of the film is when Santa is in jail and jams with the inmates who happen to be good musicians.

The movie is just what I needed to see, as I've felt un-festive these past few years. Here is a great Christmassy film for all ages. 

It is so much more different than other boring Christmas movies! This one really has different, feelings emotions and stories and that's the great thing about it! 

I have to recommend this for families and people of all ages. Well done to the cast, the production team.


No comments:

Rain or shine ~ Poem

  In rain or shine, through every test, A bird of courage, it does its best. With feathers wet or under sun's shine, It never falters, a...