Pandemic and kids learning from home.


It was a normal day of business where I was done with all my morning chores. The breakfast was done. Prep for the lunch completed. Husband had sweat his ass off as usual with his workouts and was heading to his virtual meetings and my mini munchkin was busy gearing up for his online schooling. This pandemic has taught us many many things and yes there are new routines set up all together. I log into the school portal, have everything set up for his days work. He is distracted with all other stuff up there and not in a mood to start his daily activity that has been there screaming at him " here I am, click on me for more details. Circle me out, what do you think of this topic. What is the sum of , difference of, fraction of... " . Oh no these poor little brains have to soak in so much of information . I pity the way education is taking a toll on the beautiful minds of the future. However I don't create a fuss about him not being able to complete any of his activities, but I do try to keep him active through the day. I enjoy and learn with him, I try being there for him as a friend, a well wisher, a teacher and all the roles he is missing at the moment. We laugh at silly jokes, we make crappy crafts and name them hi fi scientific names, he loves and enjoys it to bits.
There are hurdles each day, we try to overcome it in all possible ways. When the saturation level hits we call it a day. It was one such moment when the threads had been pulled way too much and then he wittingly asked me " Hey mom , why are these keys on the keyboard not in order, it gets difficult searching for them". Well I knew the answer as to why the keys are placed in the QWERTY format but how do I make a little one who has been just taught to learn the alphabets in the order ABCDEF to type on the QWERTY keyboard. Its ridiculously painful for that little brain to hold in so much. I had to tie along and yap at those who created this keyboard saying they had forgotten and placed these alphabets in a hapazard order. In order to keep his curiosity and momentum going, I said lets play a game and each time we dont find a letter to type lets write that letter down on a sheet of paper. Lets play this for a week and see if we are able to get the same alphabets everyday or will we get better, and we did get better. By the end of two weeks he was able to key in all the alphabets sooner than before with minimal errors.

No comments:

Rain or shine ~ Poem

  In rain or shine, through every test, A bird of courage, it does its best. With feathers wet or under sun's shine, It never falters, a...