Forget and forgive! (Fiction)

 There she sat sipping her second cup of chai but Anouk was not in sight. The clouds were getting thicker raising the chances of a heavy downpour. The breeze pushed her curls from side to side, the danglings she wore made the clinking sounds. Prajakta looked gorgeous in the rich fuchsia drape of silk. Anouk had booked the table for 5pm but it was quarter past 6 with no signs of him. Just then her mobile beeped and the message read "Give me five min. I'll be there honey. " Prajakta was excited but anxious, she knew it was the day she'd been waiting for since long but wasn't sure how to react. As Anouk walked by,  her heart raced faster than ever, he was elegantly dressed and his radiant smile blew her off. Comforting himself on the chair, Anouk excused for being late. Prajakta nodded and smiled cunningly. Anouk without wasting time, put his hand into his pocket and removed the sapphire studded ring , he went on his knee and said "My beautiful wife, I'd want to spend the life with you, I've realized my mistakes and I know life is hard but with you in it I can still sail along. If you think I stand another chance, please accept this". Tears rolled down his eyes. Prajakta loved him to bits and was ready to take the roller coaster ride with him all her life. She hugged him and held him tight. Anouk kissed her forehead and put the ring on her hand. 



No comments:

Rain or shine ~ Poem

  In rain or shine, through every test, A bird of courage, it does its best. With feathers wet or under sun's shine, It never falters, a...