Skip to main content

The day of Christmas!

On a lovely day of Christmas
Amidst carols and the mass
Stood I, waiting for Mr. Claus

Presents , gifts and cards
Filled the stores and carts
In search of one, was my heart

My feet -
walked the snow covered street
Feeling the showering sleet.

Far I had traveled
On spotting the reindeer, almost stumbled
And Santa's "Ho ho ho" got me dazzled

Wrapped gift in his hand
Gentle smile on his face
And the warmth he brought along

I opened the gift-box
A set of puzzle blocks
In time all the words unlocked

"Share and Care" was in Bold
My hand hold -
A warm message in Gold

Eyes opened
And I questioned
Dream? all this while?

Comments

Bikram said…
Nice one .. Ho Ho ho

hope you had a great christmas .. i liked the poem .. Hope you dream comes true ..

Bikram's
Jack said…
Ashwini,

Read 2 posts now. What dreams you have been having! First finding a twin on new earth like planet, in day dreaming and now such a much needed saying Share and Care. How I wish we could follow the second saying!

Take care
@Bikram: Thanks a lot. I had a wonderful Christmas! I enjoyed visting the church and praying for the wellness of all.

@Kavita: Thank you!

@Jack: Of late life has been filled with fantasies and they being crazy I kinda get them on the blog. Glad you all liking my rants..
Sujatha Sathya said…
nice poem
some dreams are sweet :)
@Sujatha Satya: hmmm really very sweet..
Sahana Rao said…
A kid at heart plays tunes in your brain. That is how this poetry has emerged..
Anonymous said…
This is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
Short but very precise info… Thank you for sharing this one.

A must read article!

Popular posts from this blog

SUPW - Socially useful and productive work!

Say primary school or exams - it brings back memories of lot of fun filled activities along with the normal syllabus. Languages, Basic math,science and social studies are the ones included in the normal stream. The ones out of this are - General Knowledge, moral science, story telling, project work - these become the building block for a child's growth in a complete way. Last week an evening as I returned home, a neighbour's kid was waiting for me the enitre afternoon for help.He needed guidance to complete his project work. The school had come up with a concept to bring the creativity out of a child's mind.It goes this way - use the waste materials and create something useful - Socially useful and productive work(SUPW). SUPW is another learning area falling under the non-scholatic domain - This ensures that the students develop better understanding of their social and environmental issues. It also encourages students to take up varities of activities,which are productive a...

A cry not heard!

Ray of light far from sight All his need is a caring feed A place to sleep, a blanket to keep - the despodent waif Warm and safe Cruel men see the poor one plead, Emptiness filled hearts hesitant to share a part. On the pavement's corner sits this lad a bit. Weak and pale telling his tale None hear Do they feign fear? Hoping - is all he could do for some fresh hot stew Every passer-by down the lane Ignore this guy and all his pain Why is this scene not wiping off my brain Serene it Remains Revives time and again As I sit by the window of the train.

Tantrums of logging on.

It was a normal day when I was doing my usual work at office. A known tune started ringing on my cell phone. Without even checking the number/name flashing on the phone I knew it was from home - [Ring tone is set to the song " masakkali masakkali "] Dad on the other end wanted step by step procedure to logon to my laptop and then he needed to logon to gmail. We've (Sis and me)been telling him to learn this bit from quite some time now. Not that he is unaware of the keys,he does have first hand experience working with Url's and other computer basics while he was in his tenure. But this techie stuff is something that doesn't get onto his heads now at this age within a go. I proudly admire his attempt to learn and excel it. Now, it was a day when sis was still in Australia and Dad wanted to catch her online. Why now? Can we do it tomorrow .- Asked I. No we have some relatives at home, so it would be nice if we can get her online now - came the respone. ( Some relati...