Skip to main content

Destiny - Chapter 2: Gentleman offers help

Almost an year ago, when Aadhya left to US after completing her post graduation in Mass Media and Communications from a reputed college of Arts - Pune, little did she know about the future that was in store for her. She had a very charming and attractive personality. She excelled in her studies too.

October 27th , the evening she landed in Chicago is the day that remains bold and clear in her memory.

In the baggage counter she stood wearing an anxious look. Her bright eyes were searching the two huge suitcases. Her mom had packed them with all sorts of eateries which consumed more space and weight than Aadhya's clothes or other essentials. She was nervous yet tried to portray the calm and confident self.

"First visit to the states ?" came a gentle voice from behind. Startled at the question, Aadhya shook her head to respond in a "YES."

"Well I am Gautam Choudary. I guess that was a Yes. No need to panic. Customs check is just a formality. I was afraid the first time I came here 5 years ago on a job assignment. But now I am a regular. Mam..."

"I am Aadhya.. Aadhya Shukla."

"Lovely name. Aadhya, by the way I have my bags here. Let me know once you find yours. So we can move towards customs"

"Oh that is really nice of you. I think I can manage. Please carry on Gautam."

"It is absolutely fine. I am in no hurry. I can afford some wait"

"There they are .. the mighty red ones with a label "Aadhya - Delhi" on them.

Gautam worked in one of those top notch MNC's. He was returning to US after having paid a visit home back in Jaipur. His parents were looking out for a perfect bride for their only son, who lived miles away from them. He had seen a series of girls' photos, shortlisted and met a few of them over tea or lunch. None seem to please them - Its a "NO" from either him or his parents. Gautam had burnt his entire vacation time on this "bride search programme" and was left with no option but to rush back to US and resume duty.

"These two bags are pretty heavy Aadhya.Trolleys might be of some help".

"Thank you very much"

Pushing the trolley as they walk down the aisle,

"So what brings you here? Job or Masters?" he asked.

"Job and Masters ". She smiles.

"Oh! if I've got it right, you are here to make some money so that you can pursue your higher education."

"Aaahmmm! Something like that."

In the queue they wait.

"Next in Queue to Counter 3 please" , the officer from Counter 3 made it through the microphone.

Gautam asked Aadhya to go to Counter 3. A branded set of 4 questions and it was done.

Aadhya waited for Gautam to finish his routine so that she could pay him a formal Thank you filled with gratitude before she could leave.

A couple more minutes and...

"Thanks Gautam for all your help. It was nice meeting you!"

"Oh!! its okay. And no formalities please. Any friends here to help you out with the initial stay and .."

"Hmmm Yeah I have a friend, Shilpa and she is gonna be here any moment now."

"Shilpa? "

Next Part Previous Part

Comments

Nirvaan Baid said…
post the next part soon..;)
KParthasarathi said…
You are teasing by stopping at a crucial point making us curiousi
@Nirvaan: A post a day is what I've planned to do.. Hope that keeps it ticking ...

@Kparthasarathi: ha ha ha.. a lil curiosity is sure to bring you back here.. :) Well I hope am trying to go good.. I am quite inspired by your lovely stories..
Bikram said…
Now I wonder if Gautam knows Shilpa but that would be a big coincidence ..

what next then :)

Bikram's
@Bikram: There lies the plot. Few more posts to get you there..

Popular posts from this blog

SUPW - Socially useful and productive work!

Say primary school or exams - it brings back memories of lot of fun filled activities along with the normal syllabus. Languages, Basic math,science and social studies are the ones included in the normal stream. The ones out of this are - General Knowledge, moral science, story telling, project work - these become the building block for a child's growth in a complete way. Last week an evening as I returned home, a neighbour's kid was waiting for me the enitre afternoon for help.He needed guidance to complete his project work. The school had come up with a concept to bring the creativity out of a child's mind.It goes this way - use the waste materials and create something useful - Socially useful and productive work(SUPW). SUPW is another learning area falling under the non-scholatic domain - This ensures that the students develop better understanding of their social and environmental issues. It also encourages students to take up varities of activities,which are productive a...

A cry not heard!

Ray of light far from sight All his need is a caring feed A place to sleep, a blanket to keep - the despodent waif Warm and safe Cruel men see the poor one plead, Emptiness filled hearts hesitant to share a part. On the pavement's corner sits this lad a bit. Weak and pale telling his tale None hear Do they feign fear? Hoping - is all he could do for some fresh hot stew Every passer-by down the lane Ignore this guy and all his pain Why is this scene not wiping off my brain Serene it Remains Revives time and again As I sit by the window of the train.

Tantrums of logging on.

It was a normal day when I was doing my usual work at office. A known tune started ringing on my cell phone. Without even checking the number/name flashing on the phone I knew it was from home - [Ring tone is set to the song " masakkali masakkali "] Dad on the other end wanted step by step procedure to logon to my laptop and then he needed to logon to gmail. We've (Sis and me)been telling him to learn this bit from quite some time now. Not that he is unaware of the keys,he does have first hand experience working with Url's and other computer basics while he was in his tenure. But this techie stuff is something that doesn't get onto his heads now at this age within a go. I proudly admire his attempt to learn and excel it. Now, it was a day when sis was still in Australia and Dad wanted to catch her online. Why now? Can we do it tomorrow .- Asked I. No we have some relatives at home, so it would be nice if we can get her online now - came the respone. ( Some relati...