A ~ Avocado!

 
I was introduced to this royal fruit long back during my school days. However I knew it as "Butter fruit" rather than its name Avocado. When I first tasted Avocado little did I know of its benefits or how it can be used in various cuisines. My thoughts limited to only a fresh fruit juice with a little milk and sugar. Of course it is yummy, but the horizon expanded when I landed in  the States and saw it being used for a chips dip. Tasted nice!! From that day I love using this wonderful fruit in various recepies. It tastes good as a fresh bread spread, goes well in a light vegetable soup, can be layered in a chocolate mousse. The list would only grow.
 
This fruit is native of Mexico which has various benefits. I would link you to a website that gives you an idea of why Avocado should be a part of your diet.
 
Hope this is a good start on the A-Z series. Catch you tomorrow with another story with B.
 

10 comments:

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Even I love this fruit.

Anonymous said...

I'm following you for this challenge and enjoyed your first post. Sue's Trifles

Insignia said...

I tasted glaucomole for the first time at Costa Rica and I loved Avocado then on. We call butter fruit here yeah. I love the milk shake too. Thanks for sharing its importance. Its healthy and tasty

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Ranjana: Me too :)
@Suesconsideredtrifles: Thanks for dropping by. Stay tuned for the series.
@Insignia: Love this fruit for the taste and health benefits:)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ashwini .. aren't avocados delicious - ever since I came across them .. they just add that little extra.

Now putting some in a chocolate mousse is not something I'd think about!

Good to see and enjoy the A-Z .. have fun .. cheers Hilary

Dorothee said...

hi Ashwini! such a delicious start into your A-Z challenge. have a great month!
(we are list neighbours, i blog A-Z at: http://virtual-notes.blogspot.de )

Stephsco said...

I love avocados. I mostly eat them on sandwiches--like a turkey with provolone cheese, or with eggs in an omlette.

Anonymous said...

Avocados are the best fruit because you can use them for everything! I often just eat them plain, like an apple. I've never had it with milk and sugar but I'm excited to try it.

We are also list neighbors. I'm Ruby at meyouandzu.wordpress.com :)

Happy Blogging!

Adam Jones said...

That's a lovely photo!

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Hilary melton-Butcher: I once tried that chocolate mousse by accident and it really was over the world feeling. So please do try. Thanks for visiting and I surely will drop by your posts.

@Dorothee: Absolutely delicious!! Thanks for commenting.

@Stephsco: Thanks for growing that horizon. Avocados - goes onto anything..

@Ruby: The milk + sugar + avocadoes = Thats a heavenly yummy form of this beautiful fruit. Do try and let me know how it tasted for you.

@Adam jones: Thanks so much.!!

Schoolhouse in the nature~ Fiction

 In a quaint rural village nestled amidst the lush greenery of Karnataka, there stood a small schoolhouse where Teacher Radha imparted knowl...