Valley of beauty - A flash back.

I was cleaning up my hard-disk yesterday night and accidentally found a folder which had bloom of flowers. 2009 April is when we clicked them. Skagit valley was the destination.

Okay let me drop in more details as I recall.

It was early spring of 2009. The year I was in the states , Seattle to be precise. Having heard of the various attractions in and around Seattle what got me hooked was the famous Tulip festival.This festival has been around from about 30 years now. It definitely inspired me. As soon as I got to know that, we, a group of 5 friends would head out to these fields of tulips over the weekend, I was filled with joy.[Actually I would be overly enthu on any of the trips we have made during the stay in US].

It was a plan for the Sunday. I was the most excited of the lot. A friend had it all planned - the route, the rented car, the festival timings etc. I typed in the "Skagit Valley + Tulip festival" on my laptop. As I hit enter there were thousands of results returned. Images of tulip bulbs and the blooms got me flabbergasted. I could not resist anymore. Wanted to be there in the seemingly endless rows of color fields, capture that moment for the years to come so that I relish the memories gone by. [I had imagined myself running with my dupatta in the vast areas of tulip bloom, as seen in the bollywood movies :) ha ha ha ~ IMDB effect I guess].

The varities of tulips is far from ones imagination. They range from a combination of white and red to a violet and yellow. The shapes go from a simple single layered bulb to the multilayered streaked cup bloom.It was a lovely sight to have witnessed.

If any of you around that part of the country during April please do make a visit to these acres of Tulips and I'll bet that you'd wish not to come back forever.The festival is month long event mostly, the month of April is when it is hosted. This valley is visited by thousands of people from all parts of the world every year. I am glad I am one of them.This event marks to showcase the Skagit valley agriculture. Its not just the tulips, we also have the daffodils and iris fields too.

Here are some of those lovely flowers to soothe your eyes.




9 comments:

Insignia said...

Tulips are lovely. Heard Seattle is a beautiful place, missed visiting it!

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Beautiful...Even I heard about Tulip festival..you are lucky to experience the beauty...

Bikram said...

Tulips are my favourite too .. Will be in seattle fingers crossed end of this year :)


Bikram's

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Insignia: Next time please do make it... The pictures dont do justice to the beautiful landscapes seen there.

@Ranjana: Hmmm Yeah I feel lucky.It was a wonderful experience.

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Bikram: End of year!! Good , you can visit Leavenworth which is about a 1.5 hour distance from Seattle and you can be part of a festival for christmas there. The place is definitely beautiful and must a visit.

Jack said...

Ashwini,

Thanks for sharing this. How I wish I could visit that place! I can well imagine the beauty as I have been to Rose Garden during full bloom period and some gardens in and around Srinagar during spring.

Take care

joshi daniel said...

beautiful :)

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Jack: I know how I wish I lived there... ! I have to visit Kashmir one day during my lifetime. Lets see when that day would come true.

@Joshi: Thank you very much!

rupam sarma said...

Truly Beautiful.

Schoolhouse in the nature~ Fiction

 In a quaint rural village nestled amidst the lush greenery of Karnataka, there stood a small schoolhouse where Teacher Radha imparted knowl...