Wet weekend!

The Meteorological Department had its forecast in place, ahead of time. Wet weekend it had to be - So was it.

Friday evening as I sit on my chair keying in some words making the rugged program work accidentally happened to glance at the window and my vision is stuck to the dark clouds. The setting at any IT office is pretty much similar - Lights are on throughout, giving an imaginary illusion of day beyond 6 in the evening as well. However I sit in a place that gives a clear view of the sky.

Hurdling through the bustling traffic, avoiding as many potholes possible - made the trip back home in a ridiculous 3 hours drive. Cars carried mud along, auto rickshaws pulled themselves with all the strength - drivers making the best of the opportunity. Bikers - ones afraid of falling sick took shelters off the road until the rains mellowed a bit, the ones who did'nt care of drenching - zoomed along.

Adding to the splashing surprise for the city on Friday, more rains and thunder-showers were expected on Saturday. That ruins the weekend gala time I get. The optimist inside me did not loose hope. Thoughts were grinding in the busy mind - on how best to utilize the wet weekend.

My previous post says Cooking is something am passionate about. So goes it - Saturday morning I hit the kitchen and made some delicious custard. Indeed Delicious !! Snaps.... OOOOps haven't clicked one.

It had been a while since I had given myself a little pampering and so decided to visit a parlour after one wholesome lunch. No signs of rain and I was blaming the authorities for announcing a wrong forecast. As the beautician continue with her fine line of work, I could hear the drops of rain. In no time it turned heavy and only thing I hear is a constant sound of water splash. I grumbled and mumbled to myself , reason being I'd forgotten to carry an umbrella. As I walked out, the downpour continued and guess what ?? - I loved the rains. I kind of enjoyed every drop touching the ground. I could smell the freshness around. Was lost in an unknown world of simple pleasures. That's the magic of rains.

The rains receded after a non-stop pouring for an hour and a half. Cold weather and hot Rasam for dinner. Exactly what I wanted. Heaven is no comparison to this combination.

A new day with a new dawn - birds sang along , Green leaves danced in unison - that's when a bunch of friends head out jogging in the Bangalore University campus. An awesome way to start the day. I'd already planned for the best to-do activity for the weekend - visit to Lal bagh for the Independence day flower show. New blooms and the wet weather complimented each other perfectly. Few clicks and a simple stroll kept me healthy for the rest of the day.

What more could I've asked from a wet weekend?

[Before you ask for some snaps I'm hinting you on the next post up here! Independence day - flower show. Chao bye for now.]

12 comments:

Sujatha Sathya said...

dunno y but i imagined u stepping out of d parlour, looking up, smiling & taking in the lil drops of rain on ur face!

hey whats custard called in kannada?

rain & rasam ....ummmm :)) yes heaven is no comparison

Anonymous said...

wow exactly what more .. cooking eating and rain

looking forward to the snaps now or err maybe what u cooked tooo he he hee he
U see the foodie in me woke up
Bikram's

Insignia said...

Nothing else will match this :) enjoy the rains :)

Pradeep Lingarajashetty said...

superrrrr!!!.. u can start writing novels.. u hav a great imaginary skills and great grip on the language.. waiting for more artciles..:)

Mishilicious Mishi said...

refreshing post ashwini! keep writing sweetheart:-)

Amrit said...

I love rain too:))) But don't like rasam...but who cares.

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@ Sujatha: hmmm nice thoughts.. I played some music with my hand in the rain - Kuch kuch hota hai style :)

Custard is a cold dessert similar to ice cream -main ingredients : Milk, Sugar and Custard powder - flavour your choice. I prefer plain vanilla. A bowl of fresh fruits and a scoop of Custard - Yummy!

@ Bikram: Exactly - What more?.. Hey snaps gonna be out soon and for tasting my cooking skills you'll need to pay a visit to Bangalore.:)

@Insignia: Thanks! Weather still keeping the mood right.

@Pradeep: Thanks !! Hoping to continue wrtiting more fun filled articles.

@Mishi: Thanks a lot..

@A: Right who cares.. Rain - awesome gift to nature I say.

Sujatha Sathya said...

whats custard called in kannada? any name for it in Kannada?

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Sujatha: Am so sorry , no idea what Custard is called in Kannada. ಯಾರಿಗಾದರು ತಿಳಿದಿದ್ರೆ ದಯವಿಟ್ಟು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಒಂದು ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್ ಹಾಕಿ. :)

Kavita Saharia said...

Right elements for a perfect day ! Btw i love both :rains and rasam ...slurp .

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@ Kavita: Absolutely.. Glad you love both rain and Rasam :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is great, as well as
the content!

Schoolhouse in the nature~ Fiction

 In a quaint rural village nestled amidst the lush greenery of Karnataka, there stood a small schoolhouse where Teacher Radha imparted knowl...