Happy Krishna Janmaashtami.

Wishing all readers a very Happy Krishna Janmaashtami.

For who do not know about the festival - Janmashtami is celebrated to welcome and enjoy Lord Krishna's birth. It is believed that the birth of Lord Krishna took place when the various planets were in auspicious places.

Lord Krishna was born in Dwapuryug(Iron Age) in Mathura.

If you'd like to know more of this festival and the diety - lots and lots you'll find in any search engine. What interests me most on this day is the various mouth watering delicacies - laddoos and fried crispy murukkus(chakkalis), kodubaLes.

Hmmmm as I write these lines my tummy is calling for some.. I'll leave you with a kannada poem which talks about a devotee who is trying to call the Lord Krishna -who has disappeared in Kalyug. Offering his devotional prayers he'd love to hear Krishna as an infant or young boy playing a flute. He wants Krishna to bring joy, love and happiness into all spreads of Life.


ಬೆಣ್ಣೆ ಕೃಷ್ಣನ ಕೊಳಲ ದನಿ
ಕೇಳಬಯಸಿದೆ ಇಂದು ನೀ
ಕಲಿಯುಗವಿದು ಮರೆತೆಯೇನು
ರಾಮ ಕೃಷ್ಣ ಇದಾರೇನು ?

ಮರದಡಿಗೆ ಕುಳಿತರೇನು
ಕೊಳಲನೂದುತ
ಮುದ ನೀಡುತ
ಗೊಲ್ಲ ಕೃಷ್ಣ ಬರುವನೇನು?

ಕೇಳಿಕೊಂಬೆ ನಿನ್ನಲಿ
ಕೃಷ್ಣ ನೀ ಬಾ ನಲಿಯುತಲಿ
ಮನದ ದುಗುಡ ದೂರಾಗಿಸಲು
ಸುಖವನ್ನೆಲ್ಲೆಡೆ ಚೆಲ್ಲಲು

- ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ

14 comments:

Amrit said...

Happy Janamshatmi to you too :)))

Irfanuddin said...

Happy Janmashtmi to you Ashwini.

Rachna said...

I loved dressing up my son as Krishna. Wish you happy Janmashtami too.

Sahana Rao said...

Krishna JanmaashTamiya haardhika shubhaashayagaLu

Rags said...

hare krishna hare krishna
krishna krishna hare hare
:-)

Rajesh said...

Wish you Happy Krishna Jayanti

Kavita Saharia said...

Belated Krishna Janamashtami wishes .May Radheshyam fulfill all your dreams :) Bless you sis:)

Sujatha Sathya said...

love our festivals for the "thindis"

Insignia said...

For me Janmashtami is eating lot of murukkus and chidais :) Happy Krishna Jayanti to you too

KParthasarathi said...

I am sure you must have a great Janmashtami.
The template of your blog is very attractive.What is the link as I wish to choose something similar for mine.
Thanks for the comments

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@A, @Irfan, @Sahana, @Rags,@Rajesh: Thanks for the wishes.

@Rachna: Post your sons Krishna Look. We'd love to see..

@Kavita: Thanks for those lovely words...

@Sujatha & @Insignia: hmmmm thindis... mouth watering... Thank you!

@KParthasarathi: Yes I had a great time this Janmashtami.. Welcome to my space and for the template I've just chosen the one available in the design template - under abstract heading. You'll find a lot of variety.. If you need more information do let me know, I'll be more than glad to help you with it.

chitrasjewelart said...

Ashwini, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. First time here. Following you too.

Padharo Rajasthan said...

Happy Janmashtami To You As Well !!1

Padharo Rajasthan

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Padharo Rajasthan: Thank you so much! I had a good one..

Schoolhouse in the nature~ Fiction

 In a quaint rural village nestled amidst the lush greenery of Karnataka, there stood a small schoolhouse where Teacher Radha imparted knowl...