'Art' n 'Me'

From childhood I have an inclination towards creative activities or a piece of artistic work that can be regarded as a medium of artistic expression. In short, I have a liking to art, whatever form it may be.
Here are some of my artistic ventures or atleast the ones I have captured.
1)Diya Art from the past.

The year 2008, we decided to give a kind of makeover to the age old DeepavaLi diyas. With not having gone to any school of fine-arts I try putting up a design that just spurt out of my head. My sis and my cousin took the thick brush and painted the diyas in colors of blue and yellow. Once the paint dried I made those delicate curvy strokes using a thin brush. The end product is what you see in the picture below.









We use them as decorative pieces in the yearly flower rangoli hosted for DeepavaLi. Take a look at some of our designs.:) Glad to have the collection intact.



2) Glass Painting:
Most of you who have been a regular on my blog definitely have an idea as to what I am talking about here. I love free hand sketching no doubt, but doing them on a glass with some splash of colors is a different story altogether.

A new one is are here for you to look at.



3) Mehendi/Henna art:
Henna is a natural coloring agent which leaves a reddish-brown color when applied on skin and removed after drying. Mehndi is the application of henna as a temporary form of skin decoration. I have always wondered when I see those little lads down the street who apply such beautiful designs given that they do a full hand in about half an hours time.

Timeline - 2 yrs ago..

It was one such afternoon when I saw a mehendi cone lying on the table. I picked it up and started curving the cone with simple designs and here is the outcome.











There's another picture of my sis's hands - one hand after the dried mehendi is removed, the other hand still freshly applied design. She insisted on getting the same design on both hands.



I love the mango design.:)

4) Of late I've been getting a hang of nail art! <3

Recently on FB, one of my friend liked a page called Nail it!
That is when I got curious of this form of art. There is no harm in trying it thought I. So here are some of my first trials on my nails..


I'd love to do stitching and embroidery some day. Will keep you posted of what I'd come up with. Hope I've not loaded you with a lot.

11 comments:

Ranjana's craft blog said...

The glass painting is fabulous . Love the nail arts also

ಗಿರೀಶ್.ಎಸ್ said...

Glass painting and mehendi is really beautiful...Fantastic artist is hidden inside you..

Jack said...

Ashwini,

Totally versatile. Hope to see you here putting up an exhibition of your works.

Take care

abhinavr said...

Amazing artworks! The diyas are beautiful and different.

deeps said...

colorful..
artful...

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

@Ranjana: Thanks! And I am working on a new glass painting , will soon get it framed and post.

@Gisish: Thank you thank you, just trying out differnt stuff when I have some time to spare.

@Jack: Oh it would be a great high if I could exhibit these ...

@Abhinav: Thanks for those lovely encouraging words.

@Deeps: :) Thank you!!

D.Nambiar said...

You are one creative girl, eh! :).
Beautiful.

debajyoti said...

that's absolutely amazing work!!! always wondered how artists maintain the symmetry.

Pradeepa said...

Beautiful ones. You are very talented.

Rajesh said...

Absolutely beautiful.

saikat mbka ghosh said...

All the above artworks speaks greatly of your awesome creativity ,,,keep up the gud wrk :)

Journey of Love: Chapter 6: Hilarity Ensues

As the train continued its journey, Arjun and Latha found themselves embroiled in one amusing situation after another. From navigating crowd...